Your payment information will be stored on a secure server for future purchases
Members’ Club Terms & Conditions (‘Terms’): Key Details
- In proceeding to purchase a subscription to The Advocacy Coach Members’ Club (“Members’ Club”) you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms. The Terms set out below apply to the services offered by Advocacy Coaching international Ltd trading as The Advocacy Coach. Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law and set out the Terms under which Advocacy Coaching international Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) provide services to you, as purchaser of the Members’ Club. These Terms are subject to any rights you have under consumer law to which we are bound and which contract cannot waive.
- We may update these Terms at any time. Your continued use of the Members’ Club shows your acceptance of the terms and agreement to any changes.
- The Members’ Club is for individuals and a group log-in is prohibited. Your log-in details must remain confidential, and you must not disclose this information to a third party, without our express permission in writing. You must not log-in to the Members’ Club or Community on a device and then allow any third parties access to the device.
- If you know, or suspect, that your log-in details have been obtained by a third party, you agree to change your password immediately, and provide notification of the same as soon as possible to [email protected].
- The Members’ Club provides advanced level advocacy training and is aimed at practicing trial lawyers and advocates, including barristers, solicitors, attorneys, legal executives with rights of audience, pupil barristers, trainee solicitors, and other trainee laywers.
- It is also suitable for qualified lawyers who have taken career breaks are returning or considering returning to court trial practice.
- Students (including bar and law students) and non-lawyers are not prohibited from joining, but you are reminded the techniques and skills are not aimed at students. The content and material contained in the Members’ Club is not designed to help you pass Bar exams or any other type of exam.
Members’ Club Specifics
- There are 4 elements to the Premium Members’ Club.
- The Advocacy Coach Online Courses: Courses will be added as and when available. The topics will include (a) Case Preparation and Analysis, (b) Witness Examination: Examination-in-Chief/Direct Examination and Cross-Examination, (c) Speeches/ Summation/ Addresses: Opening and Closing, and (d) Legal Writing
- You cannot distribute or share any content or course materials in any way.
- For best results work through the entire online course, including practising the drills and completing the worksheet. If you are pressed for time, prioritise 1 drill.
- As you work through the courses, compile your own toolkit that works for you. Failure to do so many limit your ability to learn from the tips and guidance.
- The content of all resources and training will be provided in English, translations are unavailable.
- Access to replays of The Advocacy Clinic: Live sessions of The Advocacy Clinic are recorded and made available to Members. As far as possible the replays will be made available within 2 days after a live session. From time-to-time technology may fail and the recording may be unavailable or of poor visual or sound quality, but we do aim to record all live sessions. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds available if a live session of The Advocacy Clinic is unavailable for any reason.
- The Advocacy Coach Private Podcast: This is available to members only and no links or access details can be shared with any other individuals.
- The Members’ Clubhouse: You will have access to a private community to support you during the Members’ Club. The intention of the Members’ Clubhouse is to provide community support and a network of trial lawyers who are facing similar advocacy challenges.
- From time-to-time The Advocacy Coach team may post and offer support in the Clubhouse, but posts might not be responded to immediately. Whilst we hope that you will be able to utilise the community, we make no guarantees as to the availability of the community or the content within the community at any time. Thus, always ensure that you have back-up copies of any information shared within the group.
- Your behaviour towards others must be polite and respectful. Should your behaviour be considered offensive or inappropriate we reserve the right to remove you from the Members’ Club with immediate effect.
- Each person is responsible for their own behaviour, and we will not be held responsible for the behaviour or actions of any other Members.
Members’ Club Fees and Payment Terms
- The cost of the Members’ Club is set when you subscribe and is inclusive of VAT. On subscription you will agree to monthly payments.
- The Members’ Club is an ongoing monthly subscription and payment will usually be taken on the same day each month.
- We reserve the right to change the content and delivery of the services within the Members’ Club and the associated price at any time. Should we do this for your subscription, we will provide notice of at least 28 days so you can consider your subscription.
Refunds and Cancellation
- It is our aim that you will be delighted with the Members’ Club and that you learn techniques you can use in your trials. But we appreciate that there may come a time when you wish to leave the Members’ Club.
- As you have instant access to the Members’ Club resources you will not be entitled to a refund of your subscription fees should you join and then wish to leave. Please consider the detail of the Members’ Club carefully before purchasing and get in touch to ask any questions about suitability. You will not be entitled to a refund if you change your mind. Your statutory refund rights are not affected.
- Should you wish to cancel your Members’ Club, you can do so through your dashboard. You will be charged until the day before your next scheduled billing date.
- We reserve all rights to cancel the programme for any reason without notice. in such circumstance a refund will be provided for the rest of that month or year as applicable.
- Despite any right or remedy available to us, we may cancel your Members’ Club with immediate effect:If you fail to pay your Members’ Club fees by the relevant due date
(a) If you commit a repudiatory breach of the Terms of this agreement
(b) If you share your log-in details with anyone else
(c) If you share any private links with anyone else
(d) As decided at our sole discretion from time to time.
Limitation of Liability and indemnification
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we limit liability and responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of all or any part of the Members’ Club. We will not be liable to you for any damages, including lost profits, whether such claim is based on warranty, contract, tort or otherwise (even if we have been advised before the possibility of such damages).
- If we are found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of the Members’ Club, our liability will in no event exceed the total of any fees for the Members’ Club received by us from you, during the 6 months before the claim arose.
- Nothing in these Terms will limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death, or personal injury, resulting from our negligence, or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us, our subcontractors and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including solicitors’ fees, made by a third party because of or arising out of your breach of these terms, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- Your privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us. You are responsible for ensuring that your contact details are accurate and up to date, at the time of registration, and on an on-going basis.
- During the Members’ Club you may have access to confidential information, in particular the personal affairs of other members. in accepting these Terms, you agree that you will not use or disclose to any person, organisation, or company, and must use your best endeavours to prevent the publication of, any confidential information relating to any other member.
- You accept that any unauthorised disclosure of personal or confidential information belonging to another may amount to immediate dismissal from the Members’ Club. Should you decide to leave the Members’ Club then you remain bound by the confidentiality and privacy obligations.
- You accept that you will not disclose any confidential information from cases you have worked on or details which may identify current or former clients. This includes the names of the clients or any others involved in that case, locations or any other identifying details. it is essential that your clients’ privacy is respected and disclosing these details may amount to immediate dismissal from the Members’ Club.
- Some training sessions may be recorded and your name and image/video may be captured. The recordings of the training will be kept and made available to others in the Members’ Club. if you provide or share any information within these sessions about yourself or your business that information will be shared within the group. Should you not wish to be recorded please ensure that if you attend any training your camera is switched off and your name field is changed to “Attendee” with your initials so that support can still be offered but no personal identifiable information will be captured.
- During your time as a Member you will be provided with documents, courses, and videos. At all times the intellectual property rights and copyrights connected with those materials remain with us.
- You have the right to use the materials as learning tools but you cannot duplicate, republish, reproduce, distribute, translate or provide copies to third parties.
- We retain and reserve all our copyrights.
- You agree that whilst in Members’ Club, and for 24 months following termination or cancellation of your Members’ Club, you must not use the confidential information revealed to you for any commercial purpose.
- You also agree not to become involved in any capacity with any business concern in, or tends to be in, direct competition with us.
- If we fail to insist on your strict performance of any obligations under these Terms, or we do not exercise any rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this will not waive any such rights and remedies available to us.
Errors and inaccuracies
- There may be information which contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions relating to the service delivery, pricing or promotion of the Members’ Club. We reserve the right to correct or amend any errors without notice.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- The English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter and proceedings arising out of the Members’ Club.
- It is our aim that you are completely satisfied with the Members’ Club. Should you have any feedback please share it with us as we are always striving to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of service.
- If you have a complaint about the Members’ Club this should be made to made in writing to customer support at [email protected].
- We intend to rely on the written Terms set out in Terms and Conditions for the services that we provide to you in delivery of the Members’ Club. These written Terms will constitute the entire agreement between us.
- Should there be any conflict between these Terms and any Members’ Club hosting platform or payment gateway, these Terms will prevail.
- If any provision within these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. if any unlawful or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be treated as deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect (unless that would contradict the clear intention of the parties, in which case the entire relevant provision will be treated as deleted).
- No provision within these Terms will be enforceable by any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of your service. Any changes will be notified to you as soon as possible.
- None of the materials within this Members’ Club, the live events or the website comprise of - and cannot be relied on as giving - legal advice. Nothing here creates a lawyer-client relationship or is intended to be a substitute for legal advice. The contents of this course are prepared in good faith and are for informational and educational purposes only. The application of the law usually depends on specific facts, and you should get specific legal advice on any given scenario.
- Advocacy Coaching International Ltd nor any of the individuals responsible for or involved in the preparation of materials on the website or Members’ Club accept any responsibility or liability for anything done in reliance on it.
- All training provided will be general information and guidance and will not be bespoke advice. We are not responsible for any action or inaction which you take as a result of the information within the Members’ Club.
- We make no guarantees or claims for the success of you or any member. Each individual is unique and their abilities and circumstances are unique to them. We cannot take any responsibility for the results of your actions, and any harm or damage you suffer as a result of the use, or non-use of the information available. Please use judgment in respect of your circumstances and conduct due diligence and research before taking any action or implementing any suggested plan or practice.
- We give no guarantees in respect of the information contained within the Members’ Club and on this website. We share educational and informational resources intended to help you succeed in as an advocate. You still need to know that your ultimate success or failure will result from your own efforts, your particular situation, and innumerable other circumstances beyond my knowledge and control.